Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Meet the Newbie!

Hi everyone! My name is Samantha Zimmer, and I am the new intern for Marchuska! I'm a junior marketing major at Binghamton University, and as you probably could guess, I have a great affinity toward the fashion industry...which leads me to tell you my story about how I gained this position. It all started a couple weeks ago; I just happened to come across the Press & Sun Bulletin article about Christine and Justin. I was immediately captured by the fact that a Marchuska T-shirt represents not only great style, but so much more. Feeling inspired by the story, I checked out the Marchuska website and loved what I saw. I dropped Christine an email regarding a possible internship, and we met this morning to discuss my role in the Marchuska business plan. I will be involved with a lot of the behind-the-scenes work such as researching online and creating databases. However, I will also be focused on marketing the Marchuska brand throughout the BU campus and local community. I'm sure Christine will be keeping me busy, and I could not be happier. I am so thankful to be embarking on such an amazing opportunity, and I am so excited to be on board with the Marchuska team!

P.S.- I think I speak for all college students when I say that introducing a hoodie to the Marchuska line would be really fun!

-Sam

No comments: