Friday, September 5, 2008

finding comfort in the familiar things...

today has been a day of soul searching...

have you ever felt like your mind is racing a million miles a second and you can't see anything?! i have so many things on my mind today that i can't actually focus on any of them. that little voice in my head is telling me to turn some lights on so i can see, but apparently i'm stubborn and don't always like to listen. note to self - stop being a pain in the butt.

christine accompanied me on my little trip down memory lane today... first on our stop was my old stomping grounds - Spectra Products. spectra's the great direct marketing agency that i used to work for before i took my big leap and moved to the city. the people there are like family. they've continued to be my lifeline to upstate ny and keep me grounded. : - ) they never hesitate to help a friend out in need and they even welcomed me back today with pizza & wings! too bad there wasn't any cake though, i bet it would have been really moist. maybe next time! ; - )

so i informed the spectra crew of my new business venture with marchuska - i told them all about the great line we're developing and how we're coming out with a fantastic new longsleeved mseries t for the fall. the leaves are starting to change and so are the marchuska designs. this longsleeve t is like no other. it's a hot design that will surely keep you warm and cozy on those chilly days.

after we ate up all the pizza (sorry to eat & run like usual!), i headed straight to the dentist to keep my smile sparkling. remember -- the cobra snake is about to bite at the end of the month so i need to take advantage of all my health care benefits now! fortunately everything checked out fine...note to everyone - the dr. says to keep flossing & using floride rinse - it helps prevent cavities. my only concern leaving the office was with the new toothbrush they gave me. it was gray...why'd i get a gray toothbrush? that's a little depressing. i thought my perky personality through these tough times would have at least warranted a green or a pink toothbrush! i'm going to have to talk to them about that next time i'm back. : - /

thank god for good friends though...my former co-worker and husband to another former co-worker picked me up from the dentist while christine handled some business meetings with her brother. i've spent the afternoon discussing life, our careers, our dreams and aspirations. part of me longs to stay right here among my closest friends and enjoy the peace of upstate ny, but i know i'm still on a mission. it's great to find comfort in familiar things , but you'll never discover anything new without exploring...

my day started off in darkness, but i think being around my friends again and talking to them has helped reignite my flame. i'm seeing the outline of things again and i'm able to point myself in at least one direction.

i'm off to search for a list of mills here in the U.S. that carry eco-friendly fabrics. i'm going to buckle down learn the logistics of ordering fabrics...


sew sew sew,
the fabric girl

No comments: